Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Dogs Love

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful
and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be
worthy of such devotion."- Unknown 

Meet Stray Moon, a 4 year old, male, brindle boxer. 

,
"Is this what REAL love feels like?"
Over the last few weeks, for part of my internship at Best Friends, I had the honor to work with this beautiful dog. Stray Moon is full of life and always ready to go for a hike or just give you warm, sloppy kisses. He has such an eagerness to please anyone he meets, it's a shame to see him without a real home and loving family. 

"You coming?"
"Car rides! I LOVE car rides!"











I've been working with him on clicker training and he's been able to catch on quickly. Some of his tricks include: Sit, shake, down, stay, come, etc. With continued training, his skills and obedience will only excel. I've taken him on many outings and he's very well behaved with loose leash walking. Most of the time he's heeling, but if he walks a few steps ahead, he'll constantly look back to check on you.  



"We'll be best friends, forever."
One of the reasons I chose Stray Moon to be my project dog is because he's already highly adoptable and only needs minimal basic training skills. My true passion lies with parrots. We have the option of choosing another project animal(s) from other areas, so I chose two parrots that have extreme social issues. Their stories are next :)

"I promise to keep you warm."

Will you be the one that changes his life?


"My last family gave up on me. I'll never give up on you, ever."

He is ready to find his forever home.


No comments:

Post a Comment